Sunday, July 02, 2006

Not what nature intended...


OK, this one is somewhat of a "niche" posting. There are probably very few people out there who actually own a 6 year old ReplayTV (a TIVO like piece of equipment), but having shipped most of our worldly belongings off to Israel, I realised that there were still a few taped shows on my ReplayTV that I had not yet seen. The problem is the TV that was hooked up to it is now gone. So I had to figure out how to "get to it" as it were. What you see here on this picture is the solution I came up with: I used an S-Video hook-up from the ReplayTV to an EyeTV 200, and from the EyeTV I used a Firewire connection to my MacBook Pro. Not exactly what the manufacturers of al this equipment had originally intended, but as you can see here, it works.

PS: there may have been a way to get an S-Video hook-up directly to the computer, but I don't have the necessary cables or adapters for it.

No comments: